Thursday, July 14, 2011

deprogramming - a snippet from my book


Deconstruction and deprogramming: a way to allow your heart to guide you instead of opinions!

Before I go on let me warn you. Do not go onto the internet or read books on deprogramming. This will not help you in any way possible! This will in fact make things worse.  If you have already, then you understand why you are already confused.

Lets do the definition first:

Deprogramming refers to actions that attempt to force a person to abandon allegiance to a religious, political, economic, or social group. Methods and practices typically involve violent kidnapping and coercion. Similar actions, when done without force, are called "exit counselling".
I am not talking about deprogramming a serious cult person. I am talking about the day to day growing up.  It takes constant deprogramming from societies ideas that were imposed on you in your childhood, you have to let it go and start again.

The best way to deprogram yourself is silence. No.. I am not talking about going into the wilderness and doing a Ghandi experience. I am talking about staying away from books and focus on your heart. You might go through some serious emotions but focus and trust that whatever happens, you will be okay!  I prefer to call it deconstruction because not everything that you have learned gets tossed away. Your mind is simply pulled apart and rebuilt. I am no pro at this, I am merely writing from my own personal experience. 

deconstruction - a philosophical theory of criticism (usually of literature or film) that seeks to expose deep-seated contradictions in a work by delving below its surface meaning
philosophy - the rational investigation of questions about existence and knowledge and ethics
philosophical doctrine, philosophical theory - a doctrine accepted by adherents to a philosophy
literature - creative writing of recognized artistic value

Try not to read a self help book for at least two years. 
Silence the opinion of others until you develop your own. 

There is not much more to say in this area but I won’t because I don’t want to lure you towards my way of thinking. I’m simply showing you my own experience. This is not an overnight process. Healing is not instant. Be patient with yourself and go with the flow. Enjoy life and don’t take things seriously. You will not die from developing your own mind. As scary as it may seem, your mind has this amazing ability to reboot with new information-real, authentic, heart driven information. It can delete old ways of thinking and upload new ways of thinking that aligns yourself to your heart. I remember thinking that I was going crazy but now I feel a sense of achievement because I let go of all of the little voices and heard myself think. Every now and then I fall back and then I remind myself to bounce back into what is real for me.

Try not to watch too much television and opt for music that calms you. Go camping and find truth in the outdoors. Throw yourself into nature and true friends who have always been there for you. Get rid of the fake friends who constantly bombard you with opinions. Take time to inhale and exhale. Learn to love yourself and before you know it, the world will make sense again.


No comments:

Post a Comment